"the Truth at any cost"

Monday, November 19, 2007

two random notes

First of all, I just wanted to respond to those on the Christian Right who claim that the United States is a country which emphasizes the ideals of Judeo-Christian religion. This may have been true at the beginning, but it is most certainly not true today. What is my argument for this? Go read the Tenth Commandment. It is in direct opposition to our country's economic well-being. That is all I will say, as I have posted on this topic before.

Secondly, the revolutionary communists are on campus today! They are cute. Its funny because they are protesting the war...which I find humorous, if not ironic, because they advocate regime change at home, yet for some reason are opposed to it when it comes to another country which was probably more oppressive to communism than we are. Shouldn't they be for the war, but on different grounds? I don't know...I'm just saying...

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frankly, as much as I love the idea of communism(who wouldn't?), I still don't get it. I guess my knowledge on the subject is a little off... I would hope that "war" would be avoided... You know how the cold war was cold? That was nice. We should keep wars that way.

Yesterday, in Vox Populi in the Savannah Morning News, I read an article where a woman was giving ultimate thanks to the lord for having a Christian governor who PRAYS TO GOD FOR RAIN IN A STATE-WIDE PRAYER. She said "Thank the Lord we have a governor who believes in The Almighty God." My response is in two parts: 1) If all you want out of your governor is for him to claim Christianity, your views are skewed; 2) I wish we had a governor that believed in the almighty strength of combined human will and effort. That is all.

11/22/2007 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home